We are home!!! We decided to take a couple of weeks to visit family while Jacob is gone and it was so much fun! It was a LONG drive with two little ones in the car all by myself and Kent hated it, but I'm glad I went! We stayed busy and i took hardly any pictures, but it was way fun! The first few days there were hard. The kids take to kindly to the changes in their schedules. Rachel had a lot of tantrums and had a hard time with everything, but she loved seeing her grandmas and grandpas and cousins and aunts and uncles! When other people would try to help her with things she would say in a naughty pouty voice, "I just want my mommy to do it!" Although by the end of the trip she had agreed to live with a few different people forever. My dad is a major tease and Rachel loves being teased. She calls my dad "the funny teasing grandpa" and she calls Jacob's dad "the normal grandpa." My little girl cracks me up!
Another funny thing she said while on this trip: we went swimming one day and while I was taking her potty she said to me, "This is so so so so many funs!" My girl loves swimming! It's probably one of her very favorite things to do! I was excited that it was warm enough on our trip home to swim in the pool at the hotel! Kent loves swimming too! He kept trying to get away from me and wanted to swim on his own though. I swear this baby has no fear! Rachel loved swimming at this age too, but she always help right to mama at least with one hand, if not both!
My kids discovered how much they love playing in the sand at my sister Caralee's house. After Rachel played in the sand box, she would find other places of dirt at my moms house and tell me she was in a sand box.
Kent took a little bit of time to warm up to everyone, which I've never seen him do before. Usually he just plunges right in to everything, but it was a very new situation for him. Once he got used to everyone, he had a lot of fun playing with cousins and grandparents. He really liked my dad too after a few days. My dad would take him and "rough him up" which is exactly what Kent needed most of the time. He would get this great big grin on his face the whole time (until it went a little to far and he needed mommy). It was so fun to see my kids having so much fun!
My sister Sarah came down with her brand new baby and it was soooo fun to see them! Her little baby was so sweet and so cute and Sarah is such a good little mommy! I'm so glad I got to see them!
We were there for two birthdays, my niece Joy turned 3 and my nephew Brock turned 4. It was fun to get to see them know their special days! I miss getting to see my nieces and nephews! They change and grow so fast!
I also got to see my sister in law Lex and her sweet Audrey-girl! Rachel got to go to nursery with Audrey and she was pretty excited about it. When I asked her what she did in nursery she said, "I just played with Audrey!"
We tried to break up our drive so that it would be easier on the kids. We got a hotel and we made stops at the zoo and the park. On our way home we ordered pizza from the hotel and Rachel kept going on about "the nice boy who brought us pizza!" She kept telling him "Thank you for bringing us pizza!" And she kept telling me, "I'm so excited!!"
It was a fun long trip and I'm so glad we went, but I'm glad to be home again. It will be nice to try to get our schedules back and Jacobs return see so much closer on this side of our trip! I miss that boy and I can hardly wait for him to come home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment