1. I get easily excited about things. More excited than is normal I'm sure. When we lived in Monterey anytime we saw the ocean I couldn't help but be happy. Going to a book store or having a little party with my family. Reading a book or going for a walk. Going swimming or playing a card game. I take joy in the simple pleasures of life.
2. I like to cook. I like making meals for my family. I like making fun and yummy things out of nothing. I like keeping my family fed and happy.
3. I love to read. Reading is my number one favorite thing to do in my alone time. It helps me escape from worries and responsibilities and gives me time to just be free. I love getting lost in books. I also love reading books with my kids and showing the wonder that is books. I also love reading with my husband. I love hearing what he is thinking about what we are reading and getting an insight into his mind.
4. I am an introvert. Making friends was never a strong suit of mine, but thankfully other people have been willing to reach out to me. I am a very private person and don't share my thoughts and feelings as often as I probably should. My smile I can share with anybody though.
5. I love snuggling with my husband. Seriously it is the best thing in the world. I love to snuggle and talk with him or snuggle and sleep or snuggle and watch a movie. I like to snuggle with him when I'm sad and he is comforting me, or when we are happy and it just makes us happier.
6. I'm a chicken. Especially at night, and especially when I'm alone. I can't shower at night when I'm by myself because I'm sure someone will sneak into my house and murder me or kidnap my kids. I have to be careful what books I read when I'm alone. I like mystery books but if I'm alone I get too freaked out!
7. I don't like to decorate, and you can tell by my house. I don't put a lot of effort into it. I do it once when I first move into a house and things stay where they were initially put for the rest of the time we live there. I like making decorations though but I don't like getting them out and putting them away and deciding where they should go. I wish they would do that on their own (or that my mom would come do it for me.)
8. I plan on homeschooling my kids. I'm not sure if we will home school all the way through high school but at least in the beginning we are going to home school. We have many reasons we are choosing this route, but I'm quite excited about it.
9. I like military life. I like moving around a lot. I the chance to see so many new places and meet so many new people. I love the fact that my husband is serving our country every single day. I like the military community. I like being in wards that have lots of military families in them. I like being a military spouse. I don't love being apart from my husband, but I love the fact that we can trust each other and that going through the separations just makes our loves stronger and makes us appreciate each other more. We definitely don't take each other for granted that is for sure.
10. I love swimming but I'm afraid of water. I've never been a good swimmer. In fact I never learned how to swim until I took a swim class in college. I've always been somewhat afraid of the water, but I absolutely love being in the water (as long as it isn't too deep). I love feeling so light in the water. I love how happy it makes my kids to go swimming. I love feeling the hot sun and the cool water. I especially love being in the water when I'm pregnant. It's the best feeling ever!
11. I loved school. Elementary school, middle school, high school, and even college. Even now I wish I could take a class now and then. I loved learning new things and I didn't even mind taking tests about them. I'm kind of a nerd that way.
12. I love to be warm and hate being cold. I've never liked the cold (unless you count ice cream). I love summer and I love when it's warm outside. I think my perfect outside temperature is probably a little warmer than most people's. if it is a little cold than I want to be inside with a warm snuggly blanket. I'm so thankful that we haven't ended up living anywhere with snow yet!
13. I kind of wish I had gone into elementary education instead of nursing. it was my second choice when i was deciding what to go to school for. I never got the opportunity to work as a nurse and be way things happened I wouldn't have had the opportunity to work as a teacher either, but I could have used my knowledge to help me in homeschooling my kids. I loved getting my nursing degree and I loved loved loved working in the hospital and with my patients. I don't regret the knowledge that I've gained or the confidence it gives me with my kids when they are sick, but I feel like if I had gotten a degree in education it might have helped me better in my life as a homeschooling mom.
14. I love to wear Jacob's shirts, mainly because they are sooooo comfy. I feel like I'm getting a big hug from him the whole time I'm wearing them. Rachel likes it when wear them too and she always comments on it.
15. I love July. And October. And May. And December. And November. And February. And August. And June. And January. And March. And September. And April. I get excited when the months change because there is something fun and different about every month. I love July because it is summer and my birthday and hot, and the 4th of July and the 24th. I love October because it means Halloween and pumpkins and themed dinners. I love May because it is our anniversary. I love December because of Christmas and all of the focus we put in Christ and giving and traditions and family. I love November because of being thankful and Thanksgiving, and fall, and Rachel's birthday. I love February because it is the time to focus on valentines and doing fun romantic things for your spouse. I love August because it is Kent's birthday and growing up it meant school was starting. I love June because it means the pool is open and it's finally warm enough to go swimming. I love January because the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over and it's time to start something new. I love March because its spring and time to plant a garden and flowers and make things beautiful. I love September because its Jacobs birthday, and I love April because it is spring and happy.
16. I love playing music. There is something in the joy that comes from playing a song on the piano or violin or cello. I even love singing even though I,m not the best at it. Creating beautiful music where there was none. I love the challenge of learning an instrument and mastering a new piece. I hadn't played much music since Rachel was born and I really missed it. I love that it has become part of my life again.
17. I love pumpkins. They make me incredibly happy! I love the fun oranginess of them and love making things out of them. Pumpkin roll, pumpkin lasagna, pumpkin bisquits, pupmkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin hot chocolate, really I could go on all day!
18. I love sugar. I think I'm addicted. I'm totally a comfort eater. I'm not too picky either. I'll take it in the form of cookies, chocolate, jelly beans, jolly ranchers, ice cream, brownies, reeses, caramel, milky way. Because of how much I love sugar it is astonishing to know that I have gone a few years with out sugar. Not consecutively but when I was younger I would go without sugar every other year. It was quite an accomplishment and I felt really cool just knowing that I could do it
19. I love my husband. He is so perfect for me. I couldn't ask for a better companion and friend to go throughout eternity with, and I am soooo glad we do have eternity together. Anything else would be too short! He is such a good husband and daddy. I could go on and on all day about him but I think there is another question about him so I will talk all about him later. :)
20. I love being a play at home mom. Seriously being a mom is the best job ever. I love being my kids best friends. I love the chance I get to be with them all day long. I'm so thankful to my husband providing for our family so that I don't have to work and miss out on all of the things my kids are doing. I love teaching them and talking to them and teasing them and tickling them and hugging them better and hearing all of the funny things they say.

No comments:
Post a Comment