I just read The Guardian by Beverly Lewis. I really enjoyed it. Before recieving books to review from this company, I had never read any books about the Amish and its been fun and informative. This is an Amish fiction book about a little 4-year old Amish girl who gets lost and is found by one of the "fancy folk" as the Amish would put it. The woman who finds her (the main character) is not from around there and just happens to be house sitting for family near by. She finds the little girl while on a morning run. Her sister has just recently passed away and the time she starts spending with the plain folk helps her work through her grief and strengthen her relationship with God. The little girl's mother is a widow with 4 children. The experience of having her youngest go missing helps her to realize that the children need a father again. I liked this book. The part about the little girl going missing really played with my emotions. It made me think about how awful and scary it would be to have your child go missing! I kept thinking about my daughter and it made me want to bawl! Especially because her husband was gone and she didn't even have him to help her. It hit home with my husband being deployed right now. Anyway it was a fun read and I didn't bawl, (I just felt like it) and I stayed up way to late two nights in a row reading it because I just had to know what was going to happen next.

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishing in return for an honest review. If you would like to review books follow this link: www.bethanyhouse.com/ bookreviewers

No comments:
Post a Comment