Monday, May 20, 2013

9 Months

WHERE IS THE TIME GOING? I can't believe Kent is 9 months already! Before I know it we are going to move and he will be a year old!

Oh my goodness, I love this little trouble maker of mine. He is into everything! He can open cupboards and drawers and he can reach onto my table and onto the bathroom counters. He finds all of the things I don't want him to get into and puts it all in his mouth. I can't even tell you how many little pig tails that I use to do Rachel's hair end up in his mouth, and he chokes on everyone of them. I am pretty good at the finger swipe, but he is also pretty good at dodging me.



Kent is a very low-maintenance kid. I have to keep an eye on him because he likes to explore and get into things, but he likes to go off and play by himself or with Rachel. He never sits still. He likes to be off and into something all the time.  


He is a master at pulling books off of the shelves. It drives me crazy. I honestly wouldn't mind too much except he is also very good at ripping the books. It makes me sad. 
 


This picture makes me laugh. He had fallen asleep in the high chair and this was him whining when he woke up. :)


Kent can and does climb into the bath tub to play with the bathtub toys all on his own. He can also turn the water on in the bathtub all by him self. Like I said he is trouble! :)
 


He is the messiest eater ever. It doesn't matter what we are eating, but it ends up all over his face, hands, shirt, tray, the floor, you name it. He often even has it in his hair! Also when he is done eating he has taken to dropping whatever is left on his tray, onto the floor. He knows he isn't supposed to do it too because he looks at me like he is trying to tease me.

He is a really good eater though. He likes most any food I give him. Lately he has been boycotting bread products but other than that he usually eats just about everything. Some nights he eats more than Rachel does.

Kent is no longer sleeping in a crib, or in my bed. He sleeps on a twin size mattress on the floor. He is getting better and better at sleeping on it by himself. He even occasionally puts himself back to sleep when he wakes up during the night. He still wakes up often to nurse, and I often fall asleep in his bed nursing him, but its a step in the right direction at least. 


He is a super happy baby and he loves to tease his mama and be teased. Sometimes he comes up to me and pulls my hair until he gets a reaction. He likes when I rough him up and push him around and tease him. He also likes to tease his sister. I think that just comes with being a little brother though. 


He is incredibly sweet and cuddly. He loves to cuddle with his mama.


Kent has started signing and I love it. He signs more, milk, water, and all done. It is kind of funny though because his sign for more is clapping. Close enough.

This is his sign for water.

Kent is walking. He just took his first steps a few days ago, but he is getting braver and braver and can take 4 steps now. I will have to wait to get a video of it til I have an extra person to take it. I just don't have enough hands to get one on my own. I'm really excited for him to start walking. It will open up new things for him and I know he will love it. I'm also excited because this kid is heavy. He only gained a half pins this month puttin him at 23.6 pounds. He makes my arms tired from holding him so it will be nice to be able to just hold his hand and let him walk instead of carrying him everywhere.


He pats my back when he hugs me, but instead of a pat it is more of a whack. I love it.
 
Kent says more, mama, and dada and I think he says no sometimes too unfortunately. He also babbles a ton and I love it. He also likes to sing. He will sing if we are playing the piano or if we are singing and it is the cutest thing ever!

I love this little Kent boy so much! Even though I say he is trouble, he really isn't. He is just really curious, and wants to see how everything works. I love seeing how his mind works and seeing just what he is going to get into next. 

No comments: