Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Book Review

I recently read the book The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson. It was a pretty fun little read. A brief synopsis: The main character promises her mother before she dies that she will take care of  her father and brothers and dedicates her life to doing so. Even if she had wanted to get married and leave them (which she would have felt guilty about) her brothers were pretty good at scaring off any potential suitors. One day a man comes to town  to help his uncle and instead of being intimidated by Merrill's brothers, he works well with them and he comes to care for Merrill. But his ex-fiance comes to town and she is willing to do anything to get back together. I enjoyed reading the book, and something I liked was the description of the main character. She is strong from working alongside her brothers and she is tall, and a hard worker. You don't find the main girl character in many romance novels that are tall. :) Usually they are small and petite and extremely feminine. Since I'm a pretty tall girl myself, I thought it was fun! This is the second book I've read by this author and I enjoyed it. If you are looking for a light clean romance, than I would recommend this book.

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishing in return for an honest review. If you would like to receive books to review then follow this link: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers

No comments: