Monday, May 16, 2011

Relay for Life

The Relay for Life was a couple of weeks ago and I'm finally now getting to posting a few pictures from it. I love the Relay for Life. There are quite a few people in my family who have had or who have cancer so our family has been involved with it for a lot of years. Last year was my first year not attending the Relay since we started doing it. We were living in California and couldn't come back for it. This year I didn't get to stay for nearly as long as I would have liked. Usually I go and stay all night long and spend a good part of the night walking and supporting my family members, but this year it kind of snuck up on me and I couldn't stay all night because I needed to take Rachel home and put her to bed. The part I did get to stay for was a lot of fun though! My brother and I went out and got sushi and it was so good that I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to go out and get some the next night too! It was way fun! The Relay for Life is ALWAYS fun! I didn't get many pictures, but here are the few I got.

This is a picture of all of the cancer survivors in purple and their caregivers in white making the survivors lap. Can I tell you I just love the Relay for Life?

Here is a picture of my Mom's Dad. My favorite Grandpa Doodle starting on the survivors lap. My grandpa is so awesome, he makes everyone feel like they are loved and like they are the most important person. He makes us feel loved because he truly does love everyone.

Here is a picture of Uncle Danton and Aunt Susan doing the survivors lap!
Rachel was so funny at the Relay. She looks kinda grumpy and tired in this picture and in truth she was pretty grumpy and tired most of the day, except for when we were at the Relay. She was loving being outside in the stroller. It was a super windy day and most people were cold, but Rachel would smile and get excited when the wind would blow in her face. Also there were some loud speakers on one side of the track playing music. It was so loud that when you walk past them you have to stop talking because you can't hear anything except the music. It was so funny, because whenever we would walk past the speakers Rachel would laugh! She is a funny baby. Most babies hate the wind and loud noises, but apparently she likes them! Silly girl!
Here is a picture of Grandma and Grandpa Murphy on the Survivors lap. We love you!
Here is a picture of my cute Aunt Susan! She and her family do so much every year getting everything organized for the Relay for Life! Thanks for all you do Aunt Susan!
I didn't get a very good picture of this, but after the survivors lap all of the survivors let go of their balloons at the same time. I love seeing all of the balloons going up into the atmosphere!
Rachel's cousin Kayla was having so much fun playing with her! It was so cute! Kayla was actually getting Rachel to laugh!


1 comment:

Susan said...

THANKS Mary!!!! We love doing the Relay for Life also. Thanks for all that you do to help for ALL the million laps you have walked for us. Next year we need to be more organized on getting informations out for t-shirts being ordered and food. We did miss not having you keep us going all night. I think we are getting old cause we had a hard time staying awake all night. We love you and your cute family.