Wow! I can hardly believe it, but my little Rachel girl is 6 months old today! I can't believe she has been with me for half a year! Double that and she will be one! That seems so crazy to me! I just love being a mom! This little girl makes me so happy and definitely keeps me busy. She rules the roost around here and she knows it! She has got me (and Grandma, and Grandpa, and Uncle Jeremy) wrapped around her finger!
Some things about Rachel at 6 months old.
She has moved twice.
She has flown in an airplane.
She weighs 21.4 pounds.
She wears size 5 diapers.
She skipped the 12 months size of clothes and is now in size 18 months.
She loves to go out side and she especially loves to go for walks.
She loves men. She lights up when either her Uncle Jeremy or her Grandpa walk into the room.
She is sitting up all by herself.
She rolls over and over and over and is really quite mobile that way. She can get to where she needs to by rolling.
She loves to make eye contact with anyone, and gets frustrated if there is someone in the room that hasn't made eye contact with her yet.
She loves playing with toys.
She loves her Mommy and likes to play with me more than she likes playing with toys.
She loves to nurse, and knows exactly where to go to get it! I can't tell you how many times she has pulled down my shirt and sucked on the skin she finds there when she is wanting to nurse! Also she will rub her face in my chest and lick me trying to get me to feed her.
She loves to eat and gets jealous when everyone else is eating and not sharing.
She loves to drink water. She grabs for my cups all of the time and she also loves to drink out of her own sippy cup.
She misses her daddy and had so much fun seeing him when we went to visit!
She is still noisy in church, but she is a lot better than she used to be. I can sit through most of the meetings and only have to take her out once or twice.
Rachel grabs everything.
She loves to pull my hair. Recently I have taken to pulling my hair back all of the time because she pulls it so much, but Rachel has figured out where my hair is anyway. She will reach around my head just to find my hair so she can pull it.
She doesn't sleep through the night anymore. I'm trying to get her to sleep in her crib, but we are still having struggles with that. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to let her cry it out at night, so for now I still have to nurse her to get her to fall asleep.
She still loves to take baths and just recently has started preferring to get to sit up in the bathtub to just laying down.
She has started saying mama. Only when she is fussy though and even then it isn't all of the time, but I just love to hear her say it.
That is a pretty long list, and really I could go on and on and on when it comes to my baby (and often times I do!). I just love this little baby girl of mine!

1 comment:
Wow! Our baby is 6 months old? That is half way to being a year old which is half way to being two years old! Wow! our baby is almost two years old! How did that happen?
Post a Comment