Thursday, May 26, 2011
I am the Biggest Loser!
So at the beginning of January Jacob and I started in a Biggest Loser competition that my sister was hosting. It has been a lot of fun and really good for both of us. For the first time in my life I payed attention to what I was eating. I counted calories for the first time ever and was totally shocked at the amount of calories that were in some of the things I was consuming. I started exercising more consistently than I ever had before. Tuesday was our last day of our contest and I won. I was totally shocked! I lost the highest percentage out of anyone doing the contest. I started out doing the Biggest Loser with my family not really hoping to win, but just hoping to get the motivation I needed to lose some weight and be more healthy, and it totally worked. It was fun because we had to get on and blog every week about how we had done the previous week and we could see how the other people in the competition were doing as well. Since we started our Biggest Loser competition I have lost 33 pounds, and since I had Rachel in November I have lost a total of 51 pounds. During this competition I lost 15.3 percent of my total body weight. I still have a ways to go, but I am feeling really good about what I have accomplished so far. Something I liked about this contest is that there were two parts. We had one winner who lost the highest percentage of weight, and the other winner was the one who made the most healthy choices. We had certain things we could do to earn points everyday and whoever had the most points at the end was the other winner. I think it was trying to get the certain points that helped me the most in losing the weight. The points were things like eating 5 fruits and vegetables a day and drinking 8 8 oz glasses of water a day and exercising for 30 minutes and other things like that that helped me make better decisions throughout my day. I'm hoping we will start another biggest loser competition soon because of how motivating it was to have to post how we did every week. Maybe if my sister doesn't start another one soon, I'll start one of my own! I just wanted to post and share my current successes with everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Way to go! That is so cool! Maybe we will have to start one on the Bulloch side after Lex and I have our little ones! I know I will need to loose some weight and will need the motivation! Way to go Mary!
hurray! good job mary that is so awesome and congratulations!!!
Post a Comment