Rachel and I got an awesome welcome home present when we got home from our trip to Texas. We both got sick. Rachel had a fever for a few days and then broke out in a rash that covered her body. I got a major head cold with boogers, sneezing, major headaches, the works. We haven't gone anywhere since we came back Monday night because we have both been just too sick. We haven't gone too stir crazy though because both of my sisters that live here in town have come to visit while we have been sick and stuck here. I still haven't decided whether or not we should go to church today. We are feeling better than we have but still not 100% and I don't want to get anyone sick. My happy smiling baby turned into a whiney sad one. I felt so sad for my sweet little baby! I could tell she just didn't feel good, but it was also hard because she just wanted me to hold her the entire time! Any time I put her down she would get this sad look on her face start fussing and say "Mama." That is right, she says Mama, but only when she is fussing. I'm not sure if she really knows that mama is me, but it sure seems like it because she is always looking right at me when she says it. It is sad because she is whining and doesn't feel good, but it is really cute to hear her say it!
Here is the face she made when ever I would set her down. It is kind of a cute sad face!
Here is a picture of her on one of the rashey days. Her rash was worst on her face and behind her ears. It didn't really show up very much in the picture, but even though she is smiling you can tell she doesn't feel very good in this picture!
I hope that both Rachel and I start feeling better soon!

2 comments:
You didn't say anything about how you both got sick from my house! You were an angel to babysit my sick baby so that I could take Tait to his echocardiogram. That is true love and sacrifice. It isn't fair that you got sick too. I am so sorry. Thanks for being such a great sister. You really are amazing.
I love you!
LeAnn
I'm sorry you were both so sick! It is so hard when both mommy and baby are sick. I think it is harder on the mommy though, especially when your cute little one looks at you like, "shouldn't you be able to fix this for me mom?" I hope you are feeling all the way better soon!
Post a Comment