Friday, May 16, 2014

Strawberry Picking

Yesterday, the kids and I, and some friends of ours, went out to a ranch about 40 minutes away from here and picked strawberries. It was sooooo much fun! It wasn't til I got home though that I realized that I didn't get a single picture. My camera was in my pocket the entire time. I was so sad about that. I usually use my phone to take pictures of the kids. My phone takes better pictures than my camera does, but my phone has been out of commission for the last few weeks so I've gotten out of the practice of taking pictures of the kids. Anyway back to the strawberry picking. The kids were so fun to watch. Rachel didn't get very much in her bucket. She doesn't have the best coordination and she kept thinking she needed to sit down to pick a strawberry instead of just putting the bucket on the ground. Kent picked tons of berries though and his bucket was full (so was mine). When we said it was time to stop, Rachel took her basket and just walked to the end of the row, but Kent had to keep stopping and picking all of the strawberries that he had missed the first time. I couldn't blame him though. It was sad to leave so many ripe red strawberries there. Between the three of us, we ended up picking 7 pounds of strawberries. I thought we would have enough to make some freezer jam, but I have no doubt that our strawberries will be gone today. I had no idea that strawberries were so much better so fresh of the vine, and they certainly didn't last very long! We are totally going to have to go back and do it again! Next time I will try harder to take some pictures!

No comments: