So yesterday was our movie night for the week, and once again Rachel and Kent chose to watch Frozen. While Jacob was turning it on, he jokingly said to Rachel, "Do you want to watch it in Spanish?" Rachel very enthusiastically responded, "YES!" So also just as a joke, he actually turned it on in Spanish. And they kids watched the whole thing. During the movie, I kept asking Rachel, "Do you want me to change it to English now?" And every time she would say, "No, I want to watch it in Spanish." She thought it was soooooo cool to watch it in Spanish. I thought maybe Kent would complain about it or just not watch it, because he doesn't have the best attention span for movies, but he absolutely loves Frozen, and he watched the whole thing. In fact, I had to keep pausing it because he was forgetting to eat his dinner because of how engrossed he was in the movie. Rachel still laughed at all the right parts. I've seen a few things in Spanish, and I was always a little bugged because their voices are different than I am expecting, but they actually did a really good job with making the voices similar to the ones in English.
Also, Rachel discovered a new favorite food this week. On Monday night I made breakfast burritos with eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and cheese. I made a ton so that I could freeze them and we could use them for breakfasts. Well on Tuesday afternoon, Rachel was super hungry and kept asking if we could have egg burritos again for dinner. She liked them enough to have them two nights for dinner in a row. I talked to Jacob about it and he said, "Sure, why not!" So we got out some of the frozen burritos and ate them for dinner on Tuesday. Usually when we have our movie nights we have pizza, but last night when we were preparing to have our movie night, Rachel said, "We should have a egg burrito movie night! That would be really fun!" I wasn't going to do it because we had eaten them already the 2 previous nights, but I was feeling sick yesterday all day and I had had a hard day with kids fighting and stuff and so again I talked to Jacob and he was all for it. Because it was a super easy meal that I wouldn't have to fight anyone to eat, we had breakfast burritos for the third night in a row for dinner. Tonight I really will make something else for dinner. I think it is fun though that Rachel has a new favorite food. Usually when I ask her what we should have for dinner, she always says, "Pizza or raman!" Now she chose breakfast burritos even over pizza!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment