Friday, May 23, 2014

ABC's

My Kent boy is 21 months and has finally learned his ABC's which is a pretty significant thing for him. Rachel has always been willing to learn just for the sake of learning. Kent has almost had to be tricked into learning them because he is so active that he isn't as willing to sit on my lap and learn. He is super smart, but also just super active. I tried to get a video of him sitting and doing his ABC's but on my own with out someone else to hold the camera with him as wiggly as he is, it was almost impossible.

He has a few other things he has started doing all by himself. One is eating cereal. I am okay with letting my kids make messes and I love that Kent has always wanted to feed himself, but something like cereal that has milk in it which has huge potential mess written all over it, I wait to let them feed themselves. I have given him a few chances with cereal, but always decided he was too little. Yesterday, we tried again, and he can do it. He still makes a mess, but at least he doesn't dump the bowl out while it still has milk in it. He was pretty proud of him self for feeding himself cereal. I love this cute boy!


The other thing he has started doing all by himself, is saying prayers. We have been helping him say prayers for quite a while, but now he has started saying his own. They are sooooooo stinking cute. Yesterday he was cracking me up because he was going around the house with his arms folded saying cute little prayer after cute little prayer. He probably said 20 prayers yesterday morning alone. I'm sure Heavenly Father was smiling just as much as I was yesterday, hearing his sweet little prayers. 

No comments: