Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Feeling Sentimental
So this last weekend was my anniversary. Jacob and I have been married for 6 years!!! We have been through a lot together. 6 moves, a couple of job changes (two for me and one for him), 2 and a half kids, one deployment, lots and lots of time apart. Saturday was our anniversary and Sunday was Mother's Day. Anniversaries are days of remembering, so on Saturday we spent some time looking at pictures from our wedding. Saturday and Sunday, I got to looking at pictures of our kids just one year ago while Jacob was deployed and I was blown away at how much they have changed in just one short year. I was watching videos that we had sent to Jacob while he was gone and couldn't believe how little they were. Since Kent has been learning how to talk, I was thinking about Rachel when she was his age and I couldn't remember the learning how to talk stage with her. It just seemed like she started talking one day and never stopped. I looked at those videos and was reminded at what her little voice sounded like and how she have to learn just like Kent did. I mean, I know she had to learn, but she talked so much so fast that it was hard for me to remember that in between stage. It is also crazy for me to think that if we had gotten pregnant as soon as we wanted to this time so that our kids were spaced the same as Rachel and Kent, I would have a newborn baby right now. My tiny little Kent dude would be a big brother already. I think Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. I'm glad our little one isn't due until October. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait til he or she gets here, but I'm glad that Kent gets a little extra time to be my baby. I think he needs it. I love these sweet munchkins of mine, and I am so grateful for them and for Jacob for making me a mom. I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for any job in the world ever. I also feel so blessed to be married to Jacob. He is such a good husband and daddy. He is always patient with me, no matter how wild my ideas or how teary my eyes, or how grumpy I can be sometimes. He is extremely supportive in my desire to home school, and in really anything I want to do. Sorry this post is so sappy and that it jumps all over the place. Its kind of the way my brain works. Anyway, I thought I would put a couple of pictures of my kids from a year ago so you could see how crazy much they have grown over the last year too. :) These are all from exactly a year ago this month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment