Thursday, March 3, 2011

Church

Rachel is starting to be naughty in church. . . already! I didn't know that a baby this little knew how to be naughty! For some reason my cute little baby who is sweet and happy almost all of the time isn't happy in church. She gets fussy and noisy and won't let us sit down. The really weird thing is though, as soon as we leave the chapel and step into the foyer, she is all smiles. All three of my meetings (sacrament, Sunday school, and Relief Society) are all in the chapel and I'm not sure what her problem with that room is. Maybe it is darker in there or maybe it is just hot, but whatever it is, she doesn't like it. I don't feel like I got anything out of church this Sunday, except that I did get to take the sacrament. I spent most of sacrament meeting and part of Relief Society in the Mother's Lounge. We spent the part of Sunday School that she was good for in the very back with our baby on a blanket on the ground where we couldn't really hear anything that was going on. The part of Relief Society that I didn't spend feeding her I had to spend in the foyer. I felt silly staying in the foyer because my baby was so happy when we were out there, but every time I tried to go back to Relief Society she would start fussing and making noise. For some reason, church is just hard for us. I would like to just try to stay in there anyway and teach her that we have to go to church, but she is too noisy and I don't want to disturb everyone around us. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep a 3 month-old happy in church? I've tried books and her zebra toy, and they work for a while, but not long enough.
Anyway, here are a few pictures I took this last Sunday before church. Isn't my baby beautiful?







2 comments:

Avree said...

She just doesn't have a testimony yet :) Good luck!

Emily Grant said...

She is beautiful! I love the dress :) Amdanda did the same thing. The thing you have to remember when you don't feel like you are getting anything out of church by spending it in the foyer is you are teaching consistencey of going and staying for the 3 hours of church. It is hard for little ones. People understand if they see you out in the foyer with a little one, and they also understand baby noises in a meeting (as long as they aren't too loud). Maybe it is like Avree said, or maybe she is just trying reallly hard to participate and bear her testiony but doesn't really know how yet. :) Good Luck!