I just wanted to blog about something else I thought was funny on Sunday. Jacob and I were asked to sub for the 6-year-old's primary class and the lesson was on repentance. The lesson I was looking at had an idea for a treat. It suggested making sugar cookies and frosting them with happy faces and sad faces and give each child two cookies. When they were eating the sad face cookies they were supposed to think about how they feel when they do something wrong, and when they eat the happy cookie they are supposed to think about how they feel after they repent. Well Jacob had the brilliant idea to put lots of salt in the sad face cookies and not tell the kids about it. Can I just tell you the look on the kids faces as they bit into the sad-face cookies was priceless! I really wished I had my camera! Here they were expecting this awesome cookie and they bite into it and it is the sickest thing they've ever tasted. Then afterwards we gave them the happy cookies. But I got to thinking about it, and it is just like when we make wrong choices or do things that aren't right. Why do we do them? I think sometimes it is because we think it is going to make us happy but then it never does. Thankfully we have the option to repent and be happy again! I just wanted to share that little thought. Seriously you should all try making salt cookies! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hahahahah! Salt cookies would be really really funny!
We almost missed daylight savings on Sunday too. David just happened to look at the clock on his computer and we couldn't figure out why it was an hour off. But then the little bell went off and we realized if we didn't leave like right then we were about to be very late! hahaha.
Post a Comment