Friday, February 14, 2014

The Wizard of Oz

I just wanted to share something that I thought was super cute. So Rachel and I just got done reading an abridged version of The Wizard of Oz. After we are done with a chapter book, we try to watch the movie if there is one. We watched The Wizard of Oz last night with the kids and Rachel was super excited about it. She had been pretending to be Dorstht for days and had been acting out scenes from the book and was REALLY excited to see the movie. She was really into the movie and even asked us to pause it so she could go potty part way through so she wouldn't miss anything. Anyway, at the end, where Dorathy is saying good bye to her friends from Oz, and is crying, Rachel starts crying. She was sad because they were sad in the movie. And afterwards when we were talking about things that were different in the book and movie, she said, "And Dorothy doesn't cry in the book!" I thought it was sweet. It showed her sensitive side. Rachel hasn't ever cried before because of a story in a book or a movie. I just thought it was super cute and sweet. I love my cute sensitive girl!

No comments: