Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Presidents Day!
I love Presidents' Day! Can I just tell you I love Presidents' Day? I also love that while we are here in Monterey any federal holiday turns into a 4 day weekend. That means this weekend Jacob got Presidents' Day and Valentines Day off! I love holidays a lot. I like doing fun themed things for them. But I also like the random holidays that don't come with any expectations besides a day off, like Presidents' Day or Memorial Day or Labor Day. There is a cute duck pond in town where you can rent paddle boats and go out and paddle around for a while. I've been wanting to do it ever since we were here the first time. We took our crusts that we have been saving for the last month or so and went and fed ducks (well actually mostly just seagulls this time) and went for a ride on the paddle boat. Rachel didn't love it as much as I thought she would (the boat part) but I think it's cause we had to wear life jackets and they weren't very comfortable. The kids loved feeding the birds though! Afterwards we walked to the fishermans wharf and tried a million types of clam chowder and got lunch and a treat before going home. We had lots of fun! Then we came home and took naps and the maintainance guys came and fixed our dishwasher that's been broken for a week. I was so glad! We ended the day with family night, and feeling blessed. I love my cute family! Happy Presidents' Day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment