Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book Review

I just read A Cast of Stones: The Staff and the Sword by Patrick W. Carr.This book was fantastic! Once I started I couldn't stop, and even now that I have finished it, it is one of those that I can't stop thinking about.  I even had a dream about it after I finished it. Seriously, if I don't get to review a copy of the sequel when it comes out, I will be buying it.


About this book: It starts out with a young drunk, a boy named Errol, who is delivering some letters for money to buy ale with. He has no idea how much this little mission will change his life. On his way to deliver the messages, someone tries to kill him. It's definitely not the last time through out the book that someone tries to murder him, but the question is why? Why are there so many people after a simple 19 year-old town drunk? The story that unfolds is captivating and mysterious and leaves you rooting for this simple village boy as he journeys from his village and makes his way to the city Erinon to help the king and his kingdom. I absolutely loved this book!

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishing in return for an honest review. If you are interested in receiving books in return for writing reviews follow this link: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers.

2 comments:

The Christy's said...

Hey this is Lindsey Paddock, now Lindsey Christy. I just wanted to leave you a comment and tell you that I read your blog all of the time. And I like your book reviews because I love to read and I am always looking for new books!

Keep updating, I enjoy reading about your life. I hope you're doing well with your husband away.

Lindsey

Mary Ann said...

Yay! Thanks for letting me know Lindsey! Its nice to know that my blog is being read by someone!