A few weeks ago we went to a pumpkin festival about an hours drive away. There was a corn maze, a pumpkin patch, a petting zoo, tons of booths to spend money on and even more things to be allergic to.
We had only ever been to a corn maze at night before, and we found out why. Corn mazes during the day in Tucson are HOT!!! We didn't spend nearly as much time doing everything as we had wanted to. Mainly because it was really hot and miserable, and because Jacob got really sick from allergies poor guy. He was totally ready to go by the time we did! Jacob also got pretty sunburned. I didn't even think about bringing sunscreen! Who uses sunscreen in October? People who live in Tucson I guess. Thankfully neither one of the kids got sunburned!
I had never seen a real pumpkin patch before, and I thought it was super exciting to pick our own pumpkins from one! :)We picked 2 super cute pumpkins!
Probably the favorite part for everyone was the petting zoo. Rachel was so cute and got so excited to get to see and touch all of the animals!
Kent was two months old that day and did nothing but sleep the whole time. It was so hot, I don't blame him for just wanting to sleep!
Can you see everyone's pink cheeks in these pictures? Like I said it was pretty miserable. We didn't even get any relief from the heat on the way home, because our air conditioner on our car is broken. :(
Kent loved the stroller!
If we were going to be here again next year, (which we probably won't be) I would definitely want to do it later in the day! We would probably do the pumpkin picking first thing instead of last too, because by the time we got to the pumpkin picking everyone was miserable and just wanting to go and that was the most exciting part (to me anyway!)

No comments:
Post a Comment