I recently joined a book review team and so far I think it is way awesome. Here is how it works. You pick a book from their bookstore and they send it to you free if you will read it and write your honest opinion about it. It's as easy as that! I love it!
The first book I read from them was A Treasury of Modern Mother Goose Rhymes by Lillian Rose Jensen. It was a pretty easy quick read of 54 pages and no pictures. I have always loved reading nursery rhymes and have recently been reading them to my daughter Rachel. We didn't love these quite as much as the traditional nursery rhymes, but we definitely did enjoy this book. It was fun and new and I liked the way the author incorporated things that kids growing up in our day will recognize and understand. She wrote about things like the Hickory Dickory Dock mouse watching TV, airplanes, and trips to the moon. I especially like the one about the King of Hearts who wanted to bake tarts but he couldn't find the right cake mix. All in all, I don't regret picking this book and would probably give it 4 stars out of 5, and if the author wrote more I wouldn't mind reading her work.
Here is where you can go to receive a copy of it for yourself: http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?dorrance+7XZRvv+index.html
I received a complimentary copy of A Modern Treasury of Mother Goose Rhymes as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

No comments:
Post a Comment