Thursday, June 3, 2021

As for years

"Let them act upon this land as for years, and this shall turn unto them for their good."
-Doctrine and Covenants 51:17

We have been in the transition of all transitions since we moved into the trailer last October. Everywhere we have been since then has been for just a few months at a time, and this place is no exception. 

When I read this verse a couple of weeks ago, it made me think of my life right now. Like the early saints who this revelation was originally given to, we are in a transition period. If they hadn't lived there "as for years, " they wouldn't have built the temple, or worked so hard to build up Zion in the place they were at. They wouldn't have put down roots and built the houses and made the friends. If they hadn't acted upon that last as for years, they would have missed out on so many blessings.

I've decided that I am going to act upon this land as for years. I'm going to try to make the friends as for years. Serve and love and live as if it will be for years and make the connections, because that is what life is all about. I'm going to do my best to build Zion and the temple and the city, just as the saints in Ohio did.

Making those connections and serving others takes way more effort, but hopefully in doing so, when we leave here, more lives than just ours will have been blessed. 



No comments: