At the running track I see all types of people.
Old
Young
Skinny
Not as skinny
Boys
Girls
Walkers
Runners
Limpers
All on their own journey.
I have a hard time not cheering each one on that I come across. I want to cheer for them all and tell them how proud of them I am for getting out and doing something good for their bodies. I want to encourage the slow ones to keep going and to help them know that many of the fast ones were slow once too. I want to tell the fast ones that I'm proud of their hard work because I know how hard it is to get to the point where you can move your body like that. I want to tell them all they are doing so well and to not compare themselves with the others on the track. I want to tell the young ones how good it is that they are developing good habits, and ask the old ones about their journey and how they got where they are.
Not long ago, I was one of the limpers. It hurt my body to just walk. If you had told me back then that I would look forward to running every morning, I would have thought you were crazy. And even though I am at the point where I can move my body in a way I never thought possible before, I still feel like there are many areas of my life where I am limping along.
You can never see from the outside what a person is going through or where they have been or where they might be headed, but our Father in Heaven knows and he is cheering for us, no matter which part of our journey we might be on.

No comments:
Post a Comment