Visiting my parents.
Visiting my sisters.
Visiting.
And while it's nice to visit here and there, and see new places and familiar faces, sometimes it's hard to not belong.
Belong to a ward. Belong to city. Belong to a community. Belong to a library. Belong to some sort of group.
Belonging to me means knowing enough about those around you that you can see needs and fill them and being able to receive the help you need in return. It means feeling needed.
I've really been missing that since we moved into the trailer and have been traveling around. I didn't even know I was missing it until last week when someone in our ward that we just met asked us to take care of their chickens, cat, and fish while they went out of town. My soul was filled with happiness when they asked us. A chance for service. A chance to belong.
Then the person in charge of singing time in Primary is going out of town this week and needed a sub for this Sunday. I jumped at the chance to help and belong again.
How grateful I am to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ. It gives me a chance to find belonging and familiarity no matter where we travel. No matter where we go, we have a built in community waiting for people to come and help, and serve and belong.


No comments:
Post a Comment