I just read this trilogy by Jessica Day George, and can I just tell you how fun they were? If you've ever wanted a horse growing up, or to be able to communicate with animals, these books are for you. They are 100% clean and so I wouldn't mind if my kids read them at all. In fact, I've encouraged it! In the second book there is a pandemic (this was written in the middle of all of the COVID crazy) which I feel is relatable to adults as well as kids because of what we all have been living the last year and a half. The main character is a teenage girl and has just hints of romance (a kiss on a cheek), but that is in no way the theme of the story. It is more of a relationship with her and her horse, her family, and her friends.
Reading level: I would probably recommend ages 8 and up if they are reading it on their own, but honestly I felt the books were fun enough that a younger child would like them too!
Here is a link to find the first book on Amazon. It is an affiliate link so I might earn a little on the purchase (my first time trying this out), but it doesn't affect the price for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment