Saturday, November 8, 2014

2 weeks old

I can't believe this little guy is 2 weeks old! In some ways it seems like he's been here forever already! That life of being pregnant for way too long seems to have been years ago! But at the same time, he is just soooo little it almost seems as if he was born yesterday! Here are a few thugs about Elijah at 2 weeks:

He weighs 9 pounds 7 ounces which means he has gained over a pound since his last doctors appointment a week and a half a go. (He weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces then).
He is 22 inches long.
He wakes up 1 or 2 or sometimes 3 times durin the night. I get the best sleep when it's only once but I wake up full and completely soaked when that happens too. Last night we out him to bed at 7:30 and he slept all the way until 3:15! That is almost 8 hours! (It was because we gave him a shower before bed and then put some lavender on him.)
He loves loves loves baths or showering with mommy. In fact bath time for him is one of my absolute favorite times, because I can tell he enjoys it so much.  He is so incredibly sweet and perfectly content during baths and doesn't fuss till I get him out and put lotion on him. He hates the lotion part after a bath. 
He always sleeps really well after a bath!
He likes to be held...a lot!
He tolerates his siblings pretty well, and doesn't mind when they hold him.
If he thinks it's bright he will keep his eyes closed. This includes anytime we go outside.




No comments: