Friday, August 29, 2014

Pumpkins

So just about anybody who knows me, knows that I'm obsessed with pumpkins. They make me happy, what can I say. There isn't really a pumpkin season at our house like in most houses, because we cook with pumpkin all year long. Although their kind of is a pumpkin season because during the months of September til December we consume more pumpkin than the rest of the year put together. But my pumpkin obsession isn't just limited to eating. It is the actual beautiful orange vegetable in all it's happy orange fall goodness that I'm obsessed with. It's totally just a perk (albeit a majorly huge one) that you can eat it and it is delicious. I love the time of year when pumpkins replace watermelons in the big bins in front of the stores. That hasn't happened quite yet, and because I'm having a baby in October, I'm afraid I'm going to miss seeing as much of them as I normally like to. Since the gophers ate the pumpkins that I planted, and since I haven't seen them in the stores yet and I'm super anxious for "pumpkin season" to officially start, I've been drawing pumpkins instead. I know, it's silly, but hey, so am I. And my kids love it. I think that my pumpkin obsession has rubbed off on them a little (or a lot). Anyway here is a little pumpkin picture I drew tonight instead of cleaning up (Pumpkins are way more fun that house work!) just in case anyone else is as anxious to see a pumpkin as I am. 


No comments: