Friday, August 1, 2014

29 weeks

I thought that I was probably about due for another pregnancy picture.
I'm 29 weeks along and this baby is getting big!!! 15 inches long and 2 1/2 pounds. It's hard to think that my tummy is going to get bigger than this, but I remember that it does.  Our little Elijah boy is soooo wiggly! The other morning, I was still sleeping and Jacob snuggled up to me and when I woke up he told me that Elijah had been being super wiggly and he thought it was fun to feel him. Rachel likes to feel him wiggle too. 

Today is our last day with Jacob home. (Kinda home anyway, he is actually at work). He is going on an immersion trip to Morocco for a month. This week has been a hard one for me, knowing that really soon I'm going to have to do everything on my own. You don't quite realize how much you look forward to your spouse coming home at the end of the day until they don't. I remember having a hard time with that at first when Jacob was deployed. When he was deployed though I remember thinking countless times, "At least I'm not pregnant! This would be soooooo much harder if I were pregnant!" And now here I am, pregnant and facing a month separation. I can still count my blessings though because it's only a month. We can do anything for only a month. Also, I am counting my blessings because at least he will be home before Elijah is born. I had a really good friend (and have met others) whose husband was deployed at the same time as Jacob, and he missed the birth of their first daughter. He got to be present via Skype, but not really present. I can't imagine how sad I would feel if Jacob missed that! Jacob is missing Kent's birthday and I feel sad enough about that.

I'm worried about Kent with this separation. He doesn't understand why his daddy is going to be gone. Rachel is big enough that she understands and she remembers the last time he was gone. She will miss him, but she will be okay. Kent doesn't get it yet. I keep telling him that Daddy is going to go away for a long time and he keeps reassuring me that "Daddy come home, on the bus!" I'm hoping this will make the next separation easier in a few months.

I'm so grateful to my husband and all he is willing to do for our family. I'm going to miss my other half, my snuggle buddy, my friend. But it's only a month. We can do it. 


No comments: