We had such a fun day on Kent's birthday! Oh how I love this boy! Kent totally understood that it was his day and that we were excited about him, and it made me so happy to see him feel so special.
He wanted to wear his new jammies that we made and colored on for him all day. He probably changed is clothes (into different jammies) about 4 times that day!
Rachel has been soooooo excited for Kent's birthday. She's been countin down on the calendar for weeks now. I let her help me wrap a few presents and she has been drawing pictures and putting them away for him for quite a while. He had quite the stack of pictures from Rachel for his birthday.
I didnt actually get any pictures of him opening his presents which is too bad because he was super cute and funny, because we were FaceTiming with Jacob. I was so glad that Jacob got to kind of be there even though he was so far away. It was the first birthday (besides his own) that he has had to be away for, and I could tell he was feeling super lonesome for us all and especially for Kent on his special day.
I've been trying to figure out what we were going to do for Kent's birthday for weeks. I wanted to do something to make it special for him. Kent decided for me a few weeks ago. He told me, "Go swimming, my birfday!" He has been repeating that for weeks, so that is what we did. We met some friends at the pool and swam for 2 1/2 hours. And then after lunch and a nap Kent asked to "go swimming more." I told him no because we had other things planned, but it made me laugh that after that long at the pool he still wanted to go back.
The kids weren't ready to go home even when we did. They both had so much fun swimming with friends, but it was lunch time so we had to go.
Kent has been loving walking backwards lately. He thinks he's tricky and cool for doing it and when Rachel sees him doing it, she always does it too, but this is something that Kent always starts. Kent loved blowing out his candle. He loved it so much that he kept asking to do it again, so I let him. He blew it out at least 3 or 4 times along with blowing out the matches. :)
I had been asking Kent what he wanted to eat for dinner on his birthday and all he would tell me was "chocwate cake." Which is really funny because we are not cake people. I didn't know if he even knew what cake was, but it's what he wanted. So it's what I made.
(Apparently the cake needed a little more flavor, lol.) He was doing this to tease me, see the grin on his face?
Then to end our evening we had a picnic on the floor while we watched Cars. Kent wasn't super into the movie (I think it was his first time seeing it) and he probably would have liked watching Frozen better but he still had a fun evening.



















No comments:
Post a Comment