Friday, August 15, 2014
Gymanstics
Its been a good day today. The kids both had their first ever gymnastics class and it was so much fun. Kent took to it like a fish to water. Rachel not so much, lol. For Kent's class parent participation is required and the room is set up as a little mini obstacle course. Basically you lead your child though the course and show them new things and anyway, Kent was able to do everything that the teacher asked him to and he had a blast. He absolutely loved it. He played hard the entire time, and I'm hoping he will take a good nap for me now. :) Rachel's class is more of an actual gymnastics class and she did pretty good for her first time, but it was all completely new to her, and she definitely isn't as athletic as her brother. I think it will be good for her to go and learn and practice. It made me giggle a little though because she definitely has her parents coordination, or lack thereof, which there is nothing wrong with that. She is cute and it was fun to watch her. For Rachel's class, parents are only invited to stay and watch the first and last class of the session. I'm super excited to see how much she will have improved in a few weeks. It is also really fun because their class is located right next to a super fun park that we never go to because we have to drive to it and there are tons of parks with in walking distance. We have 45 minutes in between the kids classes, so its super fun and convenient that the park is so close. I think next week, we are going to have to pack a picnic and go feed the ducks after their gymnastics class. We decided that since we are homeschooling our kids we need to have other activities that they can be involved in, both for social reasons, and also because there are things I can't really teach them because they need more people for (like sports). Their swim lessons and these gymnastics classes are the first extra type classes we have ever put them in and its been fun for them and for me. I think its fun to see them learn new things. Even though Rachel isn't naturally super athletic, I know that if she wants to do this and works hard, she will be awesome. Also it is fun to see Kent be so naturally good at something and see how much he loves being physically challenged. Rachel's first reaction to something hard is "I can't do it!" Kent's first reaction to something hard (especially if it is physical) is "Bring it on!" It is good for Rachel to be challenged so that she can see that if she works hard she can do it. I love these kids, and I love that we are able to provide new fun experiences for them right now. They will be in classes right up until about the time Elijah is due. (I'm hoping he won't come early at all!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment