Well it's here. I can't believe how fast January went by! The last few weeks have been going by faster and faster, just like they always do when I want time to slow down. We have been telling Rachel for a while now that Daddy was going to have to go away to Afganistan to keep us safe in February. I'm not sure how much she has understood, but when I told her today that it was February she told me, "And Daddy is going to Afganistan, and we will be only (lonely) and we will be crying for him." She is a very smart girl. A few times she hasnt been able to remember the word Afganistan and she has asked me, "Daddy is going to Hosannah?" We will miss our Daddy when he goes. She is the one I'm most concerned for while he is gone, but I think she will be okay. I'm sure we will have more meltdowns than usual (probably from both of us) but i know we will all be taken care of. We will just have to get into a good routine and stay busy while he is gone. I know that his coming deployment is the reason I have been having such a hard time getting to sleep at night, well that and Kent. :)
So an interesting thing happened to me. I am in the Primary presidency in my ward here, and I thought that it would be really hard to keep my calling while Jacob was gone. Mainly because I'm am usually quite busy on Sundays and I thought it would be hard with Kent when I'm trying to teach sharing time. Also after Jacob somes home we will be getting ready to move so things will be busy around here. Anyway, I asked to be released and I gave them what I thought was enough time to find a replacement. Well a few weeks went by and they were having a hard time finding someone to fill the position. Jacob was sick for a few weeks and I had to take the kids to church by myself two weeks in a row, and it wasn't as hard as I was afraid it was going to be. Then I got to thinking about my calling and how much I loved it and the thought came to me that I didn't really pray about asking to be released. I just assumed it would be okay. So I started praying about my decision and i just couldnt stop thinking about it, and I got an email from my Primary President asking for suggestions of who we thought might be good to take my place, because for some reason everyone she was thinking about and praying about just didn't feel quite right. I felt like that was my answer and that the reason they were having a hard time replacing me was because they weren't supposed to replace me. So anyway to make a long story short, I will be keeping my calling for now. For some reason this is what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing right now. I'm a little nervous about what Sundays will be like after Jacob leaves, but I know it will work out.
We still have some time with Jacob before he leaves, but because of security reasons I won't say what day he will be leaving. I will say though that I will do my best at keeping my blog updated while he is gone so he can see pictures of our kiddos. Hopefully it won't be too hard to keep up while he is gone. We love you Jakie! Wishing you all a happy February. Wish us luck that we can make this an easy transition on our kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment