When Jacob left I bought a book for Rachel called Lilly Hates Goodbyes.
It's a book about a little girl whose daddy is deployed and it talks about all of the different emotions she feels while her daddy is gone. I recommend this it to anyone going through a deployment with little kids. We LOVE this book. Rachel wants to read it everyday. One day Rachel threw a big tantrum (that has been happening more frequently since daddy left) and we got to a page where Lilly is being stubborn and being naughty and Rachel just said, "Oh!" Because she could relate. Also in the book Lilly has a Memories for Daddy Box that she puts things in to save for when Daddy comes home. Rachel has been dying to make a Memories For Daddy Box! She has been asking me everyday, but we were too sick to get a box. Finally we were able to get out of the house and go to the store and get some supplies to make a box. I let Rachel pick out the stickers and the colors and everything. Rachel loves it!
She carries it around all the time, opening it up and looking at what is inside. I'm so glad we finally made one for her!
Something else about our Lilly Hates Goodbyes book. Rachel will pick it up and flip through it til she gets to the end where it talks about daddy coming home. She loves that part. I love the look on her face when I am reading her the book and we get to that part. She has the cutest look on her face like she is thinking about her Daddy coming home. I love it!




No comments:
Post a Comment