So I feel like I am having a hard time at church on Sundays. Well, actually, I feel like Rachel has a hard time at church on Sundays. Normally she is a happy smiley and relatively quite baby, but at church she is way noisy and fussy. It is hard because usually I have Jacob there to switch off with and I don't feel bad about it. If he misses a little church because of taking care of our baby, well he is her dad and it just comes with the job. I have a harder time just handing her off to my parents and having them be distracted from church. Also we have 11 o'clock church which is right during one of her nap times, but I can't get her to sleep during church. I have taken her to the mother's lounge and fed her and got her to fall asleep that way, but she doesn't stay asleep for me when we are at church. That being said, the past two weeks while we were in Sunday School, Rachel has been particularly noisy. Both weeks my mom has taken her from me and handed her to my dad. Both times within minutes of being handed to him, Rachel has fallen asleep. And it is a good sleep that is deep enough that she can be transfered to me after Sunday School is over so I can take her with me to Relief Society. The naps don't last for more than about 20 minutes or so, but it is enough to return Rachel to her usually smiley self instead of the fussy girl she turns into at church. I really love this funny little girl of mine. I was talking to a lady at church and she was commenting on how cute Rachel was and I responded that she was just as noisy as she was cute. Then she asked me if I would prefer Rachel to sit on the bench at church, sitting listlessly and quietly or if I would prefer the wiggly, noisy, get-up and go girl that I have. I honestly have to answer that while it is a little more challenging to take care of my wiggly noisy fussy baby at church, I love her just the way she is and wouldn't change her for anything! I really think she is perfect just the way she is!
I know we were in church, and it was probably naughty, but I just had to take a couple of pictures between meetings of my cute baby girl snoozing on her cute grandpa!

1 comment:
So cute! Church can be so hard for little ones! Amanda went through a phase like that. I can remember watching other moms with little ones who seemed so much more well behaved and I was jealous. The good thing is that Amanda grew out of it and is good now! Rachel will get there too! :)
Post a Comment