Thursday, April 21, 2011

5 Months Old!

Wow, time seems to be doing crazy things lately! The past 5 months since Rachel was born have just sped by, while the two weeks since Jacob left seems to have dragged on forever. Not that we aren't having fun with our family, because we are, we just miss that boy so much. It is crazy that it has already been 5 months since this sweet baby girl joined our family! So much has happened in that short time! It is amazing to see how much she has grown and learned in that short time! Here are some things about Rachel at 5 months old!

She weighed 20.5 pounds on our weekly Tuesday weigh in.
She is wearing size 5 diapers.
She is mostly still wearing size 9 month clothes, but she fits in the 12 month size pretty well.
She loves to eat. Whether it is baby food, her mama's milk, or whatever it is that I am eating, she loves it. Her favorite thing to eat (besides milk) is probably Baby Mum Mum's because she can feed them to herself (a fact that she loves!)
She still loves bath time.
She absolutely loves her Uncle Jeremy. She grins every time she catches his eye. I think he is pretty much smitten with her too!
She misses her daddy and she likes to listed to his voice on the phone. She also likes to look at some pictures of him that I made into a book for her.
She can officially roll over. She used to only roll over on accident, but now she does it on purpose too. (Only from her tummy to her back though, we are still working on it!)


She can drink from a sippy cup! She loves water. Everytime she sees me drinking water she wants some. So I usually let her have some. The other day we decided to see what she would do with a sippy cup. It took her a little bit to figure it out, but once she did she loved it. I had to go out and buy her a couple and she loves to be able to drink water from it!


She is one of the happiest babies I have ever met! You just have to make eye contact with her to get her to smile, and sometimes not even that.
She still loves to go outside and it makes her day if I get out and take her for a walk.
She is loving the extra attention she is getting from living at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She likes that there are more people to play with her and to grin at.
She loves to play with toys!
I'm sure there are many many more things about my baby I could write about, but that is all I can think about at the moment. She is so cute though! I'm excited to see what the next month will bring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is such a little doll and growing up way too fast!

Jacob said...

I love that little one, I am so glad that my girls will be coming to visit me soon!