So I had some pictures from a little while ago that I didn't blog about, and I know that I don't need to blog about every single thing that happens, but I had pictures all put together so here it goes anyway.
So I was really quite nervous about the drive from Monterey to Southern Utah because that is just a long drive for a little baby, and Rachel is at a stage where she really likes to be held and entertained and played with and I wasn't sure how well she would tolerate being locked in her car seat for so long.
She actually did better than I expected. Here are a few pictures from our drive.
Here she is tuckered out. It was really funny, she fell asleep a few times with her thumb in her mouth. She wasn't sucking on it though. It was like she was putting it there just in case she might want to suck on it. I thought it was pretty cute though!
Here are a couple of pictures of her drinking from a bottle so we wouldn't have to stop so many times. She took it okay from me, but she definitely thought it was weird to be getting a bottle from mommy.
Something that I always love about the drive from Monterey to St. George is at one point there are lots and lots of windmills on the hills. I always think they look so fun because there are so many of them. From far away the first glimpse you get of them they look like a whole bunch of sucker sticks sticking out from the hills! Usually when making this trip I was driving and never had a chance to get a picture but Jacob drove this time so I snapped a few pictures of the windmills.
Since our drive was over 10 hours long, we split it up into to days, and we stayed at Edwards Air Force Base that night. Military bases have what is called billeting which is like a hotel type place that you can go and stay for pretty cheap. I for one really like the billeting at Edwards. Both times we have stayed there we have been in the process of moving and instead of moving where we are supposed to go, I have just wanted to stay there! The places we stayed were really nice. They were more like townhouses than hotels. The one we stayed in had two bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a laundry room. It even had a washer and dryer and a highchair! It had two big TVs and wireless internet! It was so nice I just didn't want to leave. Unfortunately (and fortunately I guess) we did have to leave, but it was fun while it lasted. Here are a couple of pictures of Jacob playing with Rachel that night.
It was a fun drive and it was fun to spend the extra time with Jacob, but we are glad to be settled at my parents house for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment