I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter. I hope everyone else's Easter has been as fun as mine. We had a fun Easter week filled with friends and lots and lots of family! Rachel isn't actually sure what to think of all her cousins. She seems to like them when there are only a few at a time, but when everyone gets together she gets a little over stimulated and scared. It has been a fun week this week. My sister Julie and her family came down to visit. I finally got to meet her cute baby, and she finally got to meet mine. It has been so fun to see how much her kids have grown in the two years since I saw them last. I also had a niece and a nephew with birthdays this week. It was fun to get to celebrate their birthdays with them by going to the park and by dyeing easter eggs. Also, Rachel was relatively good in church today! I only had to take her out once! I think that was her Easter present to me.
The only downer part of my day was that I didn't get to talk to Jacob today. I am really missing him a lot! It is so hard to be apart from him. There is something wrong with the Verizon service down there. Today it wouldn't let him call me, and I couldn't get through to call him either. We were able to exchange a few texts, but it totally isn't the same as getting to hear his voice. He has been so busy that most week days we only get to talk for about 30 minutes or so in the evenings. I did get to talk to him for quite a while on Saturday which was nice, but still it wasn't enough. I'm excited to get to go see him in a couple of weeks.
For breakfast this morning I made resurrection rolls. You wrap a marshmallow in a roll and sprinkle the roll with cinnamon and sugar. The marshmallow represents Jesus after he died and the roll represents the tomb. Then when after you cook the rolls you open them up and the marshmallow disappears and the roll is empty symbolizing they empty tomb on Easter morning. It was a fun start to our Easter morning. A few weeks ago I went to the St. George Temple Visitor's Center. They had an exhibit up of someones picture testimony. A couple went to Jerusalem and Bethlehem and they took pictures of places where Jesus had walked and been. The pictures were beautiful! It was so fun to see. The spirit and the peace I felt when I looked at those pictures has stayed with me and has really helped me appreciate Easter this year. It has helped me turn my thoughts to the Savior and it makes me want to do what I can to draw closer to him. I'm so grateful for him and everything he has done for me, and I am grateful to know that my Savior loves me! Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:
Oh I just miss you so much my girls! I will be so happy to have you come visit me! That way I won't have to worry about the phone being lame!
Post a Comment