Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Green Smoothie Grandma

So, my mom has something she swears by to get all the nutrition you need. If you have any problem, she will tell you that you need to drink Green Smoothies. Green Smoothies are smoothies that are made with a mix of fruits and vegetables. The green comes from all of the spinach that you put in them. I've had green smoothies, and they really aren't that bad. You can't really taste the veggies you put in it most of the time and it is a really great way to get all of your fruits and vegetables in. My mom's green smoothies on the other hand are not what I would call yummy. I like my smoothies with mostly fruits and some veggies, but she likes it the other way around. It is awesome for her, but I just don't love the way she makes them. They aren't quite sweet enough for me. My dad and brother who live here think her green smoothies are for the birds and wouldn't be caught dead drinking them. That being said, my mom was so excited to find a green smoothie friend in my daughter. Rachel gets so exited when she sees my mom drinking a green smoothie and she always wants some too so of course my mom has to share with her. Rachel just lovers her green smoothie grandma!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lol that is hilarious. That girl would eat beets if she saw someone else eating them. I'm with you. I need to go half and half with my green smoothies.

Recovery Guru said...

Mom's smoothies are not THAT bad. If you drink them really fast you can hardly even taste them. (also if you complain enough she will make them a little more fruity for you, I sneak fruit in the blender when her back is turned)

Cute pictures though!