Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grandma's Lamp

At Jacob's parent's house there is a lamp that all of the little kids always love, and Rachel is no exception. Jacob's mom showed Rachel the lamp one of the days we were there visiting and Rachel loved it! Then the next day, Rachel remembered about how cool the lamp was. As soon as Grandma would sit down in her chair next to the lamp, Rachel's arms would go up reaching for it! It was so cute!



Rachel has just recently started reaching for things. She has been grabbing things for a while. If you held something out in front of her she would grab it and play with it, but she never reached for things on her own until recently. Now she tries to grab everything. I have to be careful and keep her a little ways away from my plate at dinner time or else she would grab it and send it falling into my lap. She loves to drink water and will try to grab any cup I am drinking out of or any cup that is within reach on the counter or something. I know that as soon as this little girl is mobile and can walk, I am going to have to be careful where I leave cups, because she is going to be knocking them over trying to get drinks from them. I just love my smart little girl!

2 comments:

Emily Grant said...

She is so cute! I think it is funny that my mom feels she has to keep that lamp because all the little ones like it so much! It is just soooo pretty! :)

tylerandtia said...

She is getting so big! Crazy how time just flys! I hope you are doing good! You should come say hi sometime at work! :)