This year for President's Day we had a fun midnight party! I think this was my first time actually celebrating President's Day! Well I guess we were celebrating the 4-day weekend more than we were really celebrating the holiday :) This was our last 4 day weekend here in Monterey so we decided to make the most of it.
We decided to start our day as early as we could, so we went to bed Sunday night and set our alarm for 12:00 am! Rachel stayed up a little later than she normally did, so I had a hard time waking up, but I was still way excited for our midnight party to start!
We decided not to wake up our little Rachel-girl for the party! I'm not sure she would have thought it was fun!
The flash on our camera is brighter than we thought!
We started off by getting ready! Jacob got dressed, but I stayed in my jammies. Notice that I did take the time to brush my hair and put on fun lips before we left though!
Here is Rachel, not loving being put in her car seat! Thankfully she went back to sleep after just a few minutes!
First off at our midnight party we stopped at Safeway so Jacob could buy some chocolate chips for later in our party. I sent him into the store by himself and Rachel and I waited in the car because we wanted Rachel to sleep through most of our party if she could. Right after Jacob went into the store an obnoxiously noisy group of guys went into the store. It was late (or early) and dark and cold and Jacob was taking FOREVER! Needless to say, when the loud group came out of the store before he did, I was sure I was going to go in and find my husband shot and bleeding in the cooking isle! Thankfully that wasn't the case, and he came out shortly afterwards. (He couldn't find the kind of chocolate chips we wanted.)
Next we were off to breakfast and the place we decided to go was good ol' Denny's! We assumed that it would be pretty empty and we would pretty much have the place to ourselves. That must have been what everyone else thought too, because that place was so busy! Jacob got the Meat Lover's Trio and I decided on the Santa Fe Skillet and let me tell you it was sooooo good! We left there stuffed!
Our good little Rahel-girl slept through it all!
We left the restaurant and got back home at 1:45. Jacob and I were both stuffed and quite tired, but not ready to give in and go to bed so we stayed up and watched quite a few episodes of Monk from Netflicks.
At 4:41 we were pooped and ready to crash!
We tried taking our picture before we gave in for the morning. In the first one we both blinked from the flash. In the second one we look pretty funny because we were both trying really hard not to blink. Oh well!
At 8:17, our little one was ready to wake up for the day, which meant that we were too. We woke up and played with our little Rachel-girl, spent lots of time with our little family and stayed in our jammies all day long, all three of us!
While Rachel napped, we watched a Korean drama called Coffee Prince (which was quite fun by the way. I don't even mind that I have to read subtitles to get what is going on!)
Later in the day we melted the chocolate chips Jacob risked his life to buy at Safeway and we made these chocolates in a Valentines Day cookie sheet I bought on clearance at Target after Valentines Day!
I was quite excited at how well they turned out, especially because we didn't really know what we were doing! We used semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips and they were so yummy! This is definitely something we will be doing again!
We had pb&j sandwiches for lunch and mac and cheese for dinner and spent all day long just playing and having fun with our little family!
I LOVE PRESIDENTS DAY!

1 comment:
I love your red coat, I think your chocolates turned out SO CUTE, and I want to come to your house for presidents day. :) Love ya. Guess who went to the doctors today? Brigham is another BIG baby!
Post a Comment