I just though I'd update a little bit on what Jacob is doing. The past 2 months at work Jacob has been studying Portuguese and this last week he took the test on it and passed! In fact he passed higher on this test than on either the Korean or the Spanish! I'm so proud of him! He is now signed up to take yet ANOTHER language test in a week and a half. This language is called Chavacano. It is a dialect spoken in the Philippines and according to Jacob, it is kind of a mix between Spanish and English spoken with an Indian accent with funny grammar.
Also, Jacob hurt his shoulder a few weeks ago, and he went into the doctor and they said he wasn't allowed to do push-ups for 6 weeks! So Jacob is going to try to take his PT evaluation early but just without the push-up part which may or may not mean we might possibly leave here earlier. Who knows?
He has been working so hard studying these languages all day, and it looks like all his hard work is paying off, literally! Way to go Jacob!
1 comment:
I just can't imagine learning a new language .... one new language! Let alone 3 or 4. Brent used to speak Tagolla (don't know how to spell it) He was in the Phillipines for 2 years.
I'm proud of you Jacob for being so smart. You also Mary Ann you are so smart to pass your nurses test also. My brain is on vacation most of the time.
Post a Comment