We had pork chops for dinner last night. I can't even remember the last time we had pork chops. That was probably the first time since we've been in this house for sure. Anyway the kids were asking what they were. Rachel thought it was ham, and Kent called it chicken. Rachel was funny and asking me funny questions about it. One question she asked was why was it red? We told her it wasn't red, its white, and the top is brown. Her response left us cracking up.
"Oh, I didn't know it was brown. I looked at it and thought it looked exceedingly red. It looked red, like the top of a hurt finger."
Jacob and I were cracking up over her use of the word exceedingly which she got from reading scriptures, but then her comparison of her pork chops to the top of a hurt finger, left us dying. Seriously this girl is funny!
Lately she has been in the "Why?" stage. She asks why about everything. Sometimes (okay most of the time) I don't even know how to answer her questions. Yesterday she was thinking about Frozen and was asking me, "Why do they say 'the clumpy way he walks?'" and then she asked me, "Why did the troll say he had a fire crystal?" She asks me things that don't even make sense to me a lot of times. Sometimes her questions drive me absolutely crazy, but then I have to take a breath and just think about it. There are so many things about the world that she doesn't know, and she just wants to understand all of it. The only way she knows to find things out is to ask. I love that she is curious and wants to know. Every night during family scripture study, she asks after everyones' turn, "What did mine mean? What did Dad's mean? What did yours mean? What did Kent's mean?" It makes our scripture study last soooooo much longer, and sometimes I just want to say, "Just listen! Let us just read! I'm tired!' But I love that she wants to know. Now after Kent "reads" his verse he will turn to me and say, "Mean? Mean? Mean? Until I answer him and tell him what his verse was about? I love that Rachel wants to know about the scriptures and the example she is for her little brother.
My visiting teacher was talking to Rachel's primary teacher about Rachel. Rachel's teacher told her that she wished she had a class full of Rachels because she makes teaching fun. She is a 3-year old that actually wants to learn and wants to listen and asks real questions about the lessons.
Every so often on Sunday's, Rachel will ask Jacob for a blessing. She says she wants the blessings to help her with her home school and with her math. She makes me laugh because she has such a thirst for knowledge. She wants to learn and read and write and do math and everything else. She even wants to do laundry silly girl! I sent her upstairs to get in jammies one day and came upstairs to find her sorting a basket of laundry that I hadn't folded. She was looking for jammies to wear, but got distracted by sorting laundry. There was a pile for her underwear, Kent's underwear, socks, and washcloths. She was sorting it and when I came to check on her because she was taking forever, she told me, "Mom! Laundry is fun!" lol I love my funny one of a kind girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment