I just read Adoring Addie by Leslie Gould and it was so good. This book was a very fun light-hearted easy read. The book was set in an Amish community and was based on the story of Romeo and Juliet. 19 year-old Addie was the only daughter in a family with 6 brothers. She always did what she told, never questioning or disrespecting her parents until they want her to marry the bishops son. Everyone tells her that she would never get a better catch but doesn't love him. Then one day she meets Jonathon Mosier, a handsome carpenter from a family that she has always been forbidden to have any contact with, but Addie can't stay away. I loved the forbidden love, and the new twist on an old favorite that is contained in this story. It was a fun book that kept me up too late 2 nights in a row because I just had to see how it was going to get resolved, and then there was the heart stopping moment towards the end that you wonder if its going to end the same way as the Shakespearean tradegy. I recommend it!

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishing in return for an honest review. If you would like to review books follow this link: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers.

No comments:
Post a Comment