All week long we've planned to go to the Children's Museum and today we finally went, kinda. We at least drove around it. It had been raining lightly all morning. I found a place to park a few blocks away from the Museum and as we were getting out of the car, the thunder started. I still thought we would be okay to walk to the museum, after all the rain had almost stopped just a few minutes before. As we left the parking garage it was into a pretty steady rain. As we crossed the first street it came down a little harder. As we crossed the second street it was a downpour and we were pretty much soaked. The kids were being good and neither one were complaining about getting drenched, but we were so soaked, I wasn't even sure they would let is into the museum. I decided to turn back and go back home and come again another day. We were all soaked down to our underwear. By the time the kids were loaded into the car and we were pulling out of the parking garage, the rain was only a sprinkle again, and by the time we made it to the freeway, it was sunny. We still went home because we were all completely soaked. We didn't make it to where we meant to today, but we still had a fun adventure. Rachel kept saying, "We are prancing in the rain!" She also kept a good hold on her pretend horses "Cocoa and Jumper" the entire time. On the way home we looked for rainbows. We didn't see any but Rachel sang, "I love to look at two rainbows whenever there is rain!" It cracked me up because the words are "I like to look for rainbows..." She also said "We were pretending to be fish, cause we got all wet, huh mom!" My sweet little kent boy never once complained about being wet and cold. In fact other than insisting I take his sopping shoes and socks off when we got to the car, he didn't seem to mind at all. He fell asleep on the way home, wet clothes and all. Hopeful our next trip to the Children's Museum will be a little different, but we still made a fun little memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment