Rachel has been dying for a pet lately. The other day she told me, "Mom, I really wish we had a pet!" I told her she had to talk to her Dad about it. Later that day I overheard this conversation.
Rachel: Dad, I really wish I had a pet!
Dad: Where would you get the pet?
Rachel: The zoo!
Dad: The zoo doesn't give away their animals.
Rachel: They would let me have one.
Dad: What kind of a pet do you want?
Rachel: A baby elephant!
Dad: An elephant would be too big!
Rachel: But I would like it!
My funny Rachel girl wants a pet so bad. Jacob's rule with pets is that our kids have to save up and earn the money for it themselves and then they have to continue to pay for whatever it needs (food and such). We have started talking to Rachel about money and how you trade work for money and then when you have money, you can trade the money for other things. Yesterday Rachel brought me her stuffed animal and told me she wanted to trade it to me for money. :) We decided that if she works and earns money for it, than maybe when we get to Monterey we will let her buy a fish or something. This little girl makes me laugh! I love that she knows what she wants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment