Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reading and Writing

My Rachel girl is learning so fast! I've been working on reading a lot with her because I feel like she is ready. In just the last few weeks that we have been working on it, Rachel has learned how to read more than 30 different words and has read a few books all by herself, and I'm not talking books that she just happened to have memorized already, I'm talking sounding out words she's never read before in simple books she has never seen before. For a while she has been telling me, "Mom, I want to write." I didn't want to push her into doing fine motor things that she wasn't ready for so I didn't really do much about it, but on the 4th of July she was drawing on the magnadoodle and she wrote the letter A. I was shocked! I started working with her that evening and after about a half hour she wrote her first work: hat.

 
 
 

I can't believe how fast this little girl picks things up. She blows me away!  I love being her mom and I love being her home school teacher. It is so fun to see her master new things. I love my little smartie pants!

No comments: