Friday, July 5, 2013

#4- 10 things you would tell your 16-year old self

10 things you would tell your 16 year old self if you could

1. Don't steady date unless its a return missionary and you are at least 18 years old. I had two boyfriends in high school. I regret it. We had fun, but I missed out on a lot of opportunities. I hung out with my boyfriends instead of my other friends. I missed out on other dating opportunities, and when my Mr. Right came around I was still dating someone else who wasn't my Mr. Right, but who I had dated so long that it was just really hard to break it off with him. I don't have a lot of regrets in my life but this is probably my #1 regret.

2. You are important and you are unique. You are a child of God! I always struggled with self esteem. I think so many times we see exactly what we aren't instead of exactly what we are. I am good enough. I am a child of God.

3. Don't be so worried about what others will think.What others think doesn't matter. What your Heavenly Father thinks is all that matters. I was always afraid to be myself. I was afraid to share my insights or to just let go an have fun. I was afraid of what others would think of me so instead of opening up to them and when I could have been helping others, I hid myself away and didn't do anyone any good.

4. Take chemistry instead of physics in high school. Physics is a waste of time. Better yet, take medical anatomy and physiology instead of either of them. 

5. Don't lower your standards for anyone or anything. 

6. Join inspirations at the institute. :)

7. Share your talents. You are more talented than you know. Don't let fear hold you back.You were given the talents you have for a reason.

8. Memorize every single scripture mastery. I only memorized about half of them, but the ones I did memorize, I at least remember part of them. I wish I had done a better job with that. It is a lot harder for me to memorize things now then it was back then.

9. I would tell myself the birthdays of all my future kids. 

10. Have fun and be happy.



No comments: