Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Texas or not to Texas?

So, ever since the move into this house last month, Jacob and I have just been planning on the fact that Rachel and I were going to move to Texas with him. We decided that we were going to have the Air Force move our stuff to where ever we are going to go after Texas and have them just put it in storage for us for a few months and we were planning on renting furniture while we were in Texas. On Sunday, Jacob just causally mentioned something about "when we are in Texas," and I kept getting the thought, "You haven't prayed about this decision. You need to pray about it!" I was a little reluctant to mention it to Jacob because I really don't want to be separated from him again if I don't have to! Finally I mentioned it to Jacob and we said a prayer together. Well, unfortunately, we both felt that it wasn't right for Rachel and I to go down to Texas with him. We aren't sure why this is the answer, but we trust Heavenly Father's judgment. So instead of going down to Texas to live with Jacob, Rachel and I are going to be moving in with my parents in Southern Utah for a few months. With the money we save from staying with them, I am hoping to be able to buy plane tickets to go visit Jacob and I would also like to visit my sister who lives back east. This has been a hard decision for our family. Jacob and I have already had to be separated for other reasons what with him going to basic training two years ago, and then with me finishing my schooling, and it was really hard for both of us to be apart for so long! I have been feeling a little sad about this decision, but at the same time I have felt peace because I know it is right, and for some reason this is what we are supposed to do. I know it will all work out for the best, because it always does when we follow the promptings of the spirit.
We still aren't sure exactly when Jacob has to be down to Texas. We are really hoping he gets his orders this week so we will know that and we can find out where we will be going after Texas. We did give our 30-notice to our landlord a few weeks ago, and we have to be out of this house by March 11. I really hope that coincides well with when Jacob is supposed to leave, because otherwise, I'm not really sure what we will be doing. We might be living out of a hotel for a week or something!
Jacob took his Chavacano test on Tuesday and he felt pretty good about it. Because it was a free response test, it will take longer to get the results back, but hopefully we will find out how he did next week.
Wish us luck with all of our changes going on soon!

2 comments:

Kaylyn and Brady Blake said...

That has got to be so hard to be seperated that long!! But on the plus side we can hang out a bunch when you get here!! That will be lots of fun :)

Emily Grant said...

I know that will be very hard for you two, but just think how happy it will make Rachel's grandmas! They will get to know little Rachel-girl a lot better, so that is a plus I guess. Someday all this crazy air force stuff will be figured out and you won't have to be separated any more! Love you guys!