Friday, July 23, 2021

Toothless

Do you remember how scary it can be to lose your teeth? I don't really remember, but with my kids, it seems like the first tooth is scary because you don't know what to expect. The second tooth usually comes out pretty soon after the first so it isn't too scary, but the third tooth takes a little longer to be ready. By then the two bottom teeth are usually mostly grown in and it's the fear is back, almost as if it was the first tooth again. 

Elijah has been working on his third loose tooth for a while. It was so loose that it could poke out sideways, but he was so afraid of getting it pulled out. 

Yesterday we went to the park for the morning. I tried all I could think of to get Elijah to let us pull it out before the park so it wouldn't get bumped out and lost because his tooth was just that loose. I didn't want him to be sad if it got lost in the woodchips. 

Well, we were at the park for about two hours and then Elijah went to Rachel and asked her to pull out his tooth, which I thought was the cutest thing ever. Cute that she wanted to pull his tooth out, and cute that he trusted her to do it for him and not hurt him. 

Thankfully we were prepared with a Ziploc baggie and a paper towel.

I just can't get over how adorable he is with his holey smile. 

No comments: