Monday, July 19, 2021

East and West

 For a long time this has been a favorite book of mine. 


East By Edith Pattou 

It is written in a way that immediately captures you and sucks you in. It is based on an old tale called, "East of the Sun, West of the Moon" and always reminded me of some of my favorite Beauty and the Beast retellings. 

We got rid of all of our books when we moved into the trailer 😱 but have been collecting e-copies of all of our favorite books. Well, I hadn't purchased this one yet, but I found it at the library (thank you Libby!) and quickly devoured it again. Then I saw that there was actually a sequel to the book. What?! And I knew that my life couldn't be complete until I had read it. 

It was so good! It is a continuation of the first story and shows the love of a wife and mother and the lengths they will go to protecting their family. I definitely can't wait to read these with my kids and I'm sure that will be happening sooner rather than later. 

The recommended reading level for these books is 12 and up. I think Rachel (age 10) could handle it with no problem, but it might be a little long for Kent (age 8). If reading them with your kids or listening to it as an audible, I think that ages 6 and up would enjoy it. 


No comments: