We didn't go anywhere, or do anything. I didn't even eat my birthday treat or make my birthday dinner.
I decided that since the day was so crappy, that I needed a do over. I woke up Thursday, still dealing with depression, but with more fight than the day before I had my birthday treat for breakfast and decided that Saturday would be my birthday do over.
Today I am much more ready to be 33 and have a day to celebrate me. I told the kids to make me presents (they each made me a cute card and gave me a balloon to blow up.) Kent, Rachel, and I started the day with a mile run and then the kids and I went to the farmers market and went to help clean the church. I made my birthday dinner (for lunch because it's a super hot day here, too hot to cook) of brats and homemade fresh salsa with garden tomatoes from the farmers market We havent down anything super spectacular or out of the ordinary, but it has been a great day and we are going to be making some ice cream again later.
Also, I did my nails so they could be fun and happy for my birthday.
I've had a lot of special days be awful it seems like, but this is the first time I've claimed a redo to fix it and I'm so glad I did.

No comments:
Post a Comment