Monday, October 20, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa

So last week was my due date. Three days ago actually. My parents came out to stay with us and to watch the kids while I was in the hospital having Elijah. That was the plan anyway. They got here on Tuesday, my due date was Friday, and they had to go home on Sunday. Well the week passed and no baby came. My mom was very sad when it came time to go home and she hadn't even gotten to meet our new little one. Even though things didn't go the way we planned we had lots and lots of fun together, and I regret to say that I didn't get a single picture!! We went out and bought fun cute pumpkins, we went to the beach, we went to the park, and just played and played and played. Also, for those that don't know, I am the primary chorister in my ward. That means I am in charge of teaching music to  all of the children in the ward between the ages of 3-11. Once a year the kids get to sing and talk and do a program during sacrament meeting. The program this year was scheduled two days after my due date. So while my mom was praying that our baby would come before she had to go home, there were other people in the ward (in primary) praying my baby wouldn't come til after the program. I was praying that he would come when ever he is supposed to, but I was stressed that I would miss the program. Not only was I needed there to help the kids sing their songs, but it was Rachel's first ever Primary Program and I would have been sad to have missed seeing her  in it. Anyway, the program was a success and here I am still pregnant, and no amount of walking is helping change that fact, lol. My doctor said that he wouldn't induce me until October 27th. That's still a week away. 10 days after my due date. I'm really really hoping that Elijah comes on his own before that! In the mean time, Jacob is going to work everyday and we both keep wondering if today will be the day I call him home to take me to the hospital. I think he thought the baby was going to come today, he told me at lunch time that he had been anxious all morning wondering if Elijah was going to come. Last Tuesday night, after my parents got here, I had contractions during the night. They were about 10 minutes apart for about 3 hours. I thought for sure that he was going to come that day. I even woke up Jacob and we sat and talked for a couple of hours. Poor Jacob ended up having to go to work on little sleep that day. I've never had any Braxton hicks with any of my pregnancies and never had any contractions until I was in labor, or about to go into labor. We thought for sure he would come that day! At my doctor appointment that day, I was dilated to a 2 which was a little more than the week before and I was just sure he was coming. Anyway this is a long post that is skipping around everywhere that may or may not make sense with no pictures, but it's okay because I have an excuse. I'm 3 days overdue. I think I can use that as an excuse for just about anything. :)

No comments: